St James Quarter is a new retail led, lifestyle district in Edinburgh providing an inspiring, attractive, and vibrant destination. This high end development opened in June 2021 and comprises of 1.7m sqft of retail, leisure, residential and hotel space. The galleria style retail element has 110 units, anchored by John Lewis and an Everyman cinema. The centre is fully trading and has already become recognised for the exciting, aspirational line up of tenants that has been carefully curated. With the opening of both the W Hotel and Roomzzz Aparthotel later this year, along with 152 luxury apartments, the scheme provides an exceptional mixed use offering in the very heart of the historic City of Edinburgh
What will you be doing?
- You will lead the onsite team of 30 across disciplines including operations, finance, technical services, marketing, brand and occupier performance, delivering excellent customer care and operational standards at all times whilst maintaining a safe and secure environment.
- You will be the face of the centre, maintaining links with all key stakeholders, local businesses and key cultural/heritage/tourism organisations within Edinburgh to ensure promotion and protection of the asset brand.
- Responsibility for financial performance in key areas including service charge budgeting and driving retailer sales and footfall.
- Delivering the operational asset and leasing plan alongside the asset management team at Savills and Nuveen (owners).
- Bring a strong sense of team culture, continuing to mentor, develop and support each member of the in house team all of whom are motivated and proud of the asset they represent.
Why explore this role?
- You will be leading one of the UKs most iconic retail destination assets at a time of challenge given the forthcoming residential and hospitality openings, creating a truly 24/7 environment
- The very nature of this high expectation asset will provide you with a wide range of professional challenges which will allow you to continue your own professional journey whilst also supporting others with theirs.
- Edinburgh is a globally renowned city. Steeped in history and culture it enjoys a year round tourist industry, offering an array of festivals and celebrations. It is recognised as a fantastic place to work and live.
- Opportunities like this are rare. Not only in terms of the scale and sensitivity of the scheme, but also to take the reigns at a time of exciting change.
What you will need?
- We are looking for a highly experienced professional coming from shopping centre/retail destination management of a top tier asset. We are also interested to hear from similar people working in airport environments. Experienced retailers with a background in department store management will also be considered.
- You will have strong financial management skills and be confident interpreting cashflows, service charges and performance figures.
- You will have strong commercial skills and understand how to negotiate and allocate budgets
- Proven stakeholder management skills at a high level.
- We will need you to live within suitable proximity of the asset to ensure you are available to react should situations that require senior input, arise.
If you feel that you have the experience and credentials to take on this high profile role, please contact Julian Long at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your CV via the link.