Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Director – Edinburgh St James
Edinburgh St James is the most exciting mixed-use development coming out of the ground in the UK today – once complete, the destination will offer 1.7million square feet of world-class retail, leisure, residential and commercial space.
Brand partners already confirmed include W Hotels, John Lewis, Zara and Everyman Cinema. Be part of something special!
Foundation Recruitment is exclusively supporting Edinburgh St James in the recruitment of a Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Director to join end of Q1 2020, ahead of the official launch.
The Retail, Leisure and Hospiality Director will:
- Drive the trading performance of ESJ with occupiers, maximising retail sales performance
- Focus specifically on the development of brands identified as high turnover income opportunities and/or top 20 stores
- Provide direct support to the Managing Director in delivering an effective occupier performance strategy, and in monitoring and driving centre performance in line with the Business Plan
- Regularly review retailer performance and provide trend analysis to the Senior Management team – including turnover, rental budget, forecast and actuals.
- Identify future risks, whilst maximising potential opportunities to drive turnover and rental income
- Identify poor performing retailers and work with them to implement SMART action plans and maximise sales performance
- Induct new retailers and retail managers, to advise them of ESJ Rules & Regulations, Brand Values and Vision and to promote commercial opportunities with Commercialisation team
- Have ownership of, organise and document Retailer Forums Meetings and presentation of trading analysis and service charge forecasts to these groups
- Undertake regular retailer visits to maintain positive working relations, gain constructive feedback and provide them with support and assistance, updating services where necessary.
- Act as a first point of contact for all retailers, dealing with their day to day issues and concerns, escalating issues as appropriate.
Their background will include:
- Proven retail/leisure/hospitality management experience, ideally at Area/Regional Manager level – multi site and/or multi brand
- The ideal candidate is currently/will have been Retail Manager within an Outlet Mall environment
- Strong industry knowledge and awareness of trends and challenges
- A track record of developing sales performance
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Analytical, flexible and proactive
- Confident decision maker
- Strong customer focus
- Inspiring leader
Whilst the basic salary will generously reward this person, the real opportunity can be found in the chance to work in the team delivering one of the most exciting projects the UK has seen for several years.
Please get in touch today! Send your CV and contact details to Shaunagh.Durkin@FoundationRecruitment.com with the subject ‘Edinburgh St James’ or call 0161 694 9715 to discuss.