About South Kensington Estates
South Kensington Estates Ltd (SKE) was formed in 1997 to manage and develop a historic estate located in South Kensington and Brompton which is owned by a private family trust. Through investment in the residential, retail, restaurant and office properties the Estate is developing an area of London celebrated for its importance in architecture, culture and history. In addition, SKE also administers the owners’ rural estates in Sussex, Surrey, Fife and Caithness.
The Estate’s property assets amount to £500 million with an annual rent roll of £15 million. It comprises 109 residential units that are market let, and 125 commercial properties. The commercial properties contribute about 70% of income.
The Estate maintains a long-term view which enables it to focus on enduring value and resilience. The reputation of the Estate and local area are of the utmost importance.
SKE is based at the heart of the Estate and provides a hands-on service. It also actively develops positive relationships with the many local stakeholder groups including residents, businesses, and cultural institutions.
For further information please visit www.ske.org
- Fixed term contract 10 months.
- The objective of the role is to manage the end-to-end service charge process including delivery and compliance, leasehold management, and day to day property management.
- Managing section 20 procedures and notices for qualifying agreements and qualifying major works.
- Work closely with the FM team in ensure absolute compliance across the portfolio to statutory regulations as well as enhancing the resident experience.
- Work closely with the Asset Manager to support in implementation of projects.
- Associate IRPM
- Four years’ experience in a Residential Property Manager position
- Exposure to commercial property management would be advantageous
- Exceptional customer experience/communication skills
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Knowledge of traditional, listed buildings and heritage sites would be beneficial
- At SKE you will enjoy working within a professional, inclusive and progressive environment. There is a small team of c25 who all represent the company’s values; Integrity, Enterprise, Excellence and Inclusion.
- There is a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility and employee wellbeing. It is important to not only do the right things but to ensure they are achieved in the right way. The SKE team are encouraged to network, explore, share and constructively critique to enhance efficiency and effectiveness and drive progress.
- Leadership at SKE is collaborative and supportive. It is essential to work ‘with’ people and recognise their individuality when evaluating how to motivate each person towards our vision; ‘To deliver a unique property asset management service’.
- Very competitive salary and benefits package.