Are you an Operations Manager with high standards who could oversee the operational management of a prestigious mixed-use scheme in Birmingham?
We are working with a recognised and established managing agent in recruiting for an Operations Manager at one of their key assets in Birmingham. The business is responsible to its client for the general administration, operations and management of the estate. This person will play a key role in providing a high level of customer service, maintenance/management of common areas, services and facilities and ensuring that tenants fulfil their covenants and obligations as laid down in their individual lease alongside Estate Regulations.
- Supporting the Estate Director to set and maintain the highest standards of performance for the administration, operation and management of the landlord’s areas and facilities.
- Assist with tendering, awarding and supervision of all service contracts by central procurement.
- Ensure all H&S and Environmental statutory and best practice procedures and systems are complied with.
- Management of the contracted service teams through their managers.
- Alongside the Accounts Administrator and Estate Director, assist in the collation and reconciliation of the annual service charge.
- Ensure the delivery of the Estate Maintenance, Security, Housekeeping, Guest Service, Health & Safety and Service Charge provision to the performance standards required and within the cost budgets permitted by the Client.
Experience & Knowledge
- IOSH or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in a Life Safety focused environment with responsibility for managing H&S.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Experience in procurement and management of contractors.
- Strong occupier and guest relation skills.
- Experience of working in retail or leisure.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong organisational skills – ability to multi task and prioritise workload.
- Ability to work on own initiative, to listen and willingness to learn.
- Team player – maintain close working relationships with all other employees of the business to assist in the facilitation of projects.
- Ability to demonstrate utmost discretion when dealing with all sensitive and confidential information.
- Results and achievement orientated to high standards.
Why should I apply?
This is an opportunity to join a significantly recognised business within the shopping centre management arena, as well as a supportive and expertly trained on-site team. If you have begun your career in facilities or operations management and want to progress to the next level of managing a large and prestigious site, this is a fantastic opportunity to establish yourself in the sector.
If you have the experience and competencies for this exciting opportunity at a prestigious estate send you CV to Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org