Head of Asset and Property Management
We are representing South Kensington Estates exclusively on the recruitment of Head of Asset and Property Management.
About South Kensington Estates
South Kensington Estates Ltd (SKE) was formed in 1997 to manage and develop a historic estate located in South Kensington and Brompton which is owned by a private family trust. Through investment in the residential, retail, restaurant and office properties the Estate is developing an area of London celebrated for its importance in architecture, culture and history. In addition, SKE also administers the owners’ rural estates in Sussex, Surrey, Fife and Caithness.
The Estate’s property assets amount to £500 million with an annual rent roll of £15 million. It comprises 109 residential units that are market let, and 125 commercial properties. The commercial properties contribute about 70% of income.
The Estate maintains a long-term view which enables it to focus on enduring value and resilience. The reputation of the Estate and local area are of the utmost importance.
SKE is based at the heart of the Estate and provides a hands-on service. It also actively develops positive relationships with the many local stakeholder groups including residents, businesses, and cultural institutions.
For further information please visit www.ske.org
- 12 month Fixed Term Contract.
- The objective of the role is to support and actively implement the vision for the estate as well as the asset strategy in collaboration with the wider team.
- Full budget management ownership to EBITDA level.
- Direct line management of three individuals; Commercial Asset Management, Residential Asset Management and Property Manager. Your role as manager and leader is to support, develop and progress all direct reports in achieving their personal and professional goals.
- To ensure utmost compliance across the board to RICS standard practices.
- MRICS: 10 years PQE with at least 5 years in a senior level position within a property company or consultancy.
- Commercial asset and property management experience is essential. You must have the knowledge and transferrable skills to be able to apply to residential.
- A natural leader, supportive manager and someone passionate about inclusion.
- A commercial and business minded individual with the ability to identify a range of value-add opportunities in a range of property sectors and environments.
- Knowledge of traditional and listed buildings and heritage sites would be advantageous.
- At SKE you will enjoy working within a professional, inclusive and progressive environment. There is a small team of c25 who all represent the company’s values; Integrity, Enterprise, Excellence and Inclusion.
- There is a strong commitment to corporate social responsibility and employee wellbeing. It is important to not only do the right things but to ensure they are achieved in the right way. The SKE team are encouraged to network, explore, share and constructively critique to enhance efficiency and effectiveness and drive progress.
- Leadership at SKE is collaborative and supportive. It is essential to work ‘with’ people and recognise their individuality when evaluating how to motivate each person towards our vision; ‘To deliver a unique property asset management service’.
- Very competitive salary and benefits package.