An industry leader in the property management sector is looking to appoint a General Manager for a destination in Cardiff. The successful individual will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the scheme, leading the onsite management team and delivering an outstanding guest experience.
Core Duties of the General Manager:
- You will be responsible for the operational efficiency of the scheme and the tenants within it, ensuring the appropriate management and control of the on-site team to deliver high and efficient standards of service.
- You will liaise daily with tenants and staff, building strong and professional relationships to resolve problems, answer queries and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- You will have a constant regard for value for money and persistently strive to achieve savings through effective cost control and alternative methods of procurement, whilst continually improving productivity and quality of services.
- You will act as an ambassador and spokesperson for the scheme, with active participation and communication with key stakeholders and local organisations, including the local Council and Business Improvement District.
Skills & Experience Required:
- You have proven experience in leisure/hotel/hospitality/F&B management or other similar environment at a progressive management level or in a supervisory position.
- You will have sound business acumen including awareness of commercialisation, proven experience managing major CAPEX or Service Charge projects and relevant training and understanding of health and safety legislation.
- You will have strong people management skills and proven leadership skills, with the ability to influence and motivate to achieve results.
- You can demonstrate a broad knowledge of the F&B/leisure/hospitality industry, and understand the strategies necessary to establish and maintain the scheme’s reputation in the market.
Why should I apply?
This is a genuinely exciting opportunity to work for a leading commercial property managing agent who employ over 700 staff nationwide across a range of sectors. The business has an excellent supportive and collaborative culture, encouraging a good work/life balance, driving diversity and inviting people to bring new initiatives and ideas to the table. They thoroughly believe in supporting the development of people and seek to identify talent within current employees through internal training and leadership programmes. You will also be rewarded with a benefits package in keeping with the prestige of the business.
If you are interested in a confidential discussion, please contact Sophie Walmsley on 0161 694 9729 or send your CV to Sophie.firstname.lastname@example.org