Reporting to the Manging Director, the successful candidate will have a significant impact in the continued growth of the team in Spain, as the firm plans further portfolio expansion and the creation of new partnerships. The Financial Controller will lead all accounting and internal reporting functions, focusing on process improvement by coordinating with both internal and external stakeholders.
Other responsibilities include:
- Supervise all fund accounting and reporting
- Review and improve the use of accounting, reporting and property systems
- P&L responsibility, including invoices for financing and CAPEX projects
- Review Financial Statements prepared in accordance with IFRS
- Manage the external audit and tax processes (including the revision of the promotes and dividends to be distributed)
- Oversee and manage third-party and corporate services providers
- Asset Management reporting
- Prepare and review business plan information which includes forecasted and projected financials and strategic initiatives
- Work closely with international offices (Luxembourg and Germany)
- Oversee investor reporting
- Internal reporting
- Address Risk requests for the new and existing deals
- Train and manage members of the team if it is needed
- More than 6 years relevant experience in a comparable accounting role (ideally this will be within a Big 4 Real Estate team, Private Equity Real Estate fund, REIT, or Asset Manager)
- Degree in Business, Economics, or similar
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Strong relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Good presentation skills, articulate and able to explain complex matters simply.
- High Excel and PPT domain
- Ideally, qualified accountant
If you think you match the above criteria and you are interested in the position please apply to the vacancy or send your CV to email@example.com