Exclusive opportunity with a leading investor, developer and operator of prime real estate in central London and the regions.
This Capital Projects Manager is a new role in the business for a renowned central London estate. The portfolio includes some of London’s most iconic retail areas as well as new developments and you will be taking responsibility for refurbishment and redevelopment projects typically between £2-£10 million value.
This business is open to considering candidates taking their first step into a client side role, or those already working in a similar environment on office, retail and multi-use assets.
Reporting to a Director of the London portfolio and with dotted line responsibility across development, asset management and property management teams, the purpose of this role is to take responsibility for delivering a range of capital projects on buildings across the estate. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the delivery of schemes and projects within the central London estate up to £10million in value;
- Lead and manage diverse internal and external professional project teams;
- Liaising with the internal portfolio to ensure delivery is on time and budget;
- Management and consistent delivery to meet the financial and sustainability targets of the estate;
- Add significant value by applying a strong commercial awareness in leading and executing projects from the design, planning and construction phases from inception to completion;
- Prepare performance reporting and post project reviews to encourage good behaviours and efficient outcomes;
- Pro-actively assist in delivering the space into operational readiness;
- Work within legal requirements, alongside the Health & Safety team, to ensure full regulatory compliance, exceptional health & safety, and considerate contractor standards;
- Manage and coordinate a project risk register and independently progress mitigation measures;
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiencies across current and future projects via procurement strategy and relationship building with relevant contractors and supply chain;
- Act as client lead in assisting colleagues with any other technical building related issues – e.g. fit-out queries, operational dis-repair;
- Build relationships and integrate well across the wider business, particularly with the development team and other project managers to ensure innovation and best in class.
- Ideally chartered (RICS, CIOB) with a property related degree;
- High level of technical understanding of building processes;
- Demonstrable experience of leading refurbishment and redevelopment projects circa £5million in value;
- Strong track record of leading multi-disciplinary project meetings, including both internal and external stakeholders;
- Exposure to mixed-use assets including office, retail and residential amongst a vibrant city-centre location;
- Strong commercial acumen, excellent written and verbal communicator with customer focus and the ability to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Competitive salary and company benefits alongside a discretionary bonus structure;
- Opportunity to lead small to medium scale projects in a largely autonomous role, working with multi-disciplinary teams to reshape and update one of London’s most well-known central estates;
- Privilege card for discounts across a wide range of retailers, restaurants, entertainment, and leisure;
- You will be working on some of the most renowned destinations in Central London;
- The business has a fantastic culture: commercial, friendly, supportive and sustainable.
If you are interested in this position and meet the majority of the above criteria, please register your interest and send your CV directly to email@example.com or call +44 (0)208 629 0653 for a confidential discussion.