Are you an influential operational leader? Are you experienced with a flair for destination operations management and stakeholder collaboration? Do you have the ability to drive the operational excellence of an organisation and location? Have you had exposure to Business Improvement Districts?
- Operations Director
- The newly established Business Improvement District (BID) for Southampton City Centre, GO! Southampton, is owned, led and funded by businesses in the area all striving to achieve the same objective; to get Southampton to fulfil its great potential!
- As the Operations Director, you will develop and drive operational excellence throughout Southampton. This, in collaboration with the CEO and onsite team, will enhance Southampton’s attractiveness to residents, workers and visitors within the local vicinity as well as the wider catchment and beyond.
- The 3 key areas of focus for the BID are to create a Great City Centre Experience, to drive Better Marketing and create Stronger Businesses. The focus for the Operations Director is to create the Great City Centre Experience.
- You will foster close and professional relationships with local businesses and act as an ambassador for the City Centre with the City Council, key stakeholders and wider industry.
- You will work with the Theme Group to envisage and develop projects to deliver the objectives of this theme, developing these into a business plan and reporting back on progress.
- Southampton has so much to offer with an enviable mix of well-known retail brands and shopping centres, world class cultural facilities, large corporates as well as a huge maritime industry with the most successful and predominantly utilised port for cruises and freight in the UK.
- The city boasts 2 of the country’s most attractive universities with a diverse range of courses attracting aspirational students from all backgrounds in nearby towns and cities as well as other locations nationally and internationally.
- With a vast amount of regeneration completed and planned for future, it is set to be one of the go-to destinations of the UK with the help and support of the BID and BID team.
- The Go Southampton BID is one of the largest in the UK
- You are a strong operator with an extensive background in contractor management and influence, soft services (cleaning and security) and transport.
- You are a resilient individual with a “can-do” attitude, attention to detail and the ability to deliver.
- You will have sound business acumen and proven experience influencing and partnering 3rd
- You are a passionate individual with the self-motivation and inner drive to really get behind this exciting and forward-thinking BID to drive operational excellence to support in creating a new UK destination of the future!
If you are interested, please email your CV to Alex Rowbottom on email@example.com or call 0161 694 9721 for a confidential conversation.